ATLANTIC CITY POLICE FOUNDATION
2019 HARLEY-DAVIDSON MOTORCYCLE RAFFLE
OFFICIAL RAFFLE RULES
1. Each Purchaser of a raffle ticket must be at least 18 years old and only one individual’s name may be associated with each ticket. All federal, state and local rules shall apply to the raffle. Tickets may be purchased in person from an Atlantic City Police Foundation (“Raffle Sponsor”) member or at Raffle Sponsor’s ticket booths at various locations in New Jersey. Payment for tickets may be made by cash or by personal check with identification. Purchaser is required to provide to the Raffle Sponsor a valid, functioning e-mail address, phone number or mailing address. The Raffle Sponsor, its agents and their respective Trustees, officers, and members assume no responsibility for incorrect, invalid, terminated or non-functioning phone numbers, e-mail or mailing addresses or lost, incomplete, late, illegible, or undelivered entries or entries without complete, acceptable payment. All checks must be made payable to the Atlantic City Police Foundation or the ACPF.
2. By submitting an entry, each Purchaser acknowledges having read and agreed to abide by these Official Raffle Rules.
3. Once a ticket has been purchased, it is non-refundable except in event the raffle is cancelled in accordance with the raffle regulations of the New Jersey Division of Legal Games and Chance Control. Although a ticket may be transferred, the Raffle Sponsor shall communicate only with the Purchaser as shown on its records until proof of the ticket transfer is provided to the Raffle Sponsor. Any transferee of a ticket must be eligible under these Rules in order to win under any drawing. Odds of winning depend on the number of tickets sold.
4. The winner will receive title to the motorcycle prize, subject to all applicable taxes, title and transfer fees. Title to the motorcycle prize will be clear of any debt or financing liens. No substitution of the offered prize may be made and no cash will be given in lieu of the prize.
5. Each ticket shall be sequentially numbered from the first ticket sold through the last ticket number sold. The raffle period shall be from the date the first ticket is sold through October 19, 2019. The drawing will be held on Saturday, October 19, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. at the Boardwalk at Pennsylvania Avenue, Atlantic City, New Jersey. Ticket purchase deadlines, and drawing dates, times and locations, may be extended or changed at the Raffle Sponsor’s discretion, subject to approval of the New Jersey Division of Legalized Games and Chance Control.
6. At the raffle drawing, the winning raffle ticket stub shall be chosen by picking it from a large container containing all ticket stubs, thoroughly mixed. The winner does not need to be present at the drawing to win.
7. The winning ticket number and name of the winner and the winner’s city of residence (if known) shall be placed on the Raffle Sponsor’s web site and/or Facebook page within seven (7) days after the drawing. This information may also be publicized in other media. Winners will be notified of such either in person, by phone or in writing no later than seven (7) days after the drawing. Notification of winning will be in any of the following ways: (1) actual delivery of the notice into the hands of the party entitled to receive it; (2) delivery by a nationally recognized overnight delivery service; (3) mailing of the notice in the United States Postal Service mail, certified mail, return receipt requested; or (4) contact via telephone number or email address provided with purchase of ticket.
8. The winner of the drawing shall be required to provide the Raffle Sponsor with a signed statement confirming the winner’s eligibility under these Rules and applicable law, proof of age and social security number, and a release confirming the Raffle Sponsor’s permission to use the winner’s name, city, state, and likeness in media releases and other publicity. The winner of the drawing shall also be required to provide a copy of a valid driver’s license (front and back) of the person who will be picking up the motorcycle prize along with proof of insurance.
9. Taxes, licenses, transfer fees and title are the responsibility of the winner. The winner is advised to consult with his or her own tax advisor.
10. The motorcycle must be picked up at a location in Atlantic County, New Jersey determined by the Raffle Sponsor within thirty (30) days after the drawing. The Raffle Sponsor is not responsible for delivery.
11. Failure of the winner to meet the Eligibility Requirements applicable to winners, to comply with the 2019 Motorcycle Raffle Terms and Conditions, the Raffle Sponsor’s inability to get in contact the winner after notice pursuant to #7 above and/or for the winner to pick up the motorcycle prize within thirty (30) days shall cause the winning ticket to be invalid. The Raffle Sponsor may then pick another raffle ticket to be the winner of the prize.
12. The motorcycle prize will be awarded in its then present, “as is”, condition with the remainder of the full manufacturer’s warranty. This is a new motorcycle, but may have several miles on the odometer due to its transport to ticket selling venues around Atlantic County, New Jersey during the raffle period.
13. Purchasers of tickets, by participating in the raffle, release the Raffle Sponsor, its Trustees, officers, members and agents, the City of Atlantic City and the Atlantic City Police Department from any and all liability, loss or claim arising out of any raffle prize, expressly waive any such claim and agree that the liability, if any, of the Raffle Sponsor, its Trustees, officers, members and agents shall be limited to the raffle ticket price paid. In case of any dispute regarding the conduct of the raffle, the decision of the Raffle Sponsor shall be final. The courts of Atlantic County, New Jersey shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any dispute concerning the raffle.
14. Members of the Board of Trustees of Raffle Sponsor and their immediate family living in the same household shall be ineligible to win.
15. These Official Raffle Rules are subject to change as deemed necessary.
May 8, 2019